List of questions that can help you during the process!
It is a call that aims to stimulate innovation and impact the development of children and adolescents in Latin America, through a call-in order to attract the most innovative and disruptive startups in the world to implement their solutions in Latin America in the areas of protection, education and health.
This call is aimed at entrepreneurs passionate about impacting society, participating in a startup that meets the following requirements:
- Must have and demonstrate a transferable success story to any of the areas of the call or have and demonstrate verifiable experience of your solution in the areas of the call.
- To be technology-based
- In case the solution is used by end users, it must be fully adaptable to Spanish.
- 2 years or more of operation
- It must be legally incorporated in its country of origin and be up to date with its fiscal/tax obligations.
- Have validated solutions
- Have verifiable sales
- Must have a set of established customers or users
Applying startups are expected to have the operational capacity to develop and deploy the solution in conjunction with Impactus Ventures and its implementation partners. Startups and scaleups, as well as each of their members, must agree to the terms and conditions of the program at the time of applying.
Yes, as long as the initiative is led by foundations or non-profit corporations that have at least 2 years of experience, are capable of demonstrating success stories and have the operational capacity to develop and implement the solution in conjunction with Impactus Ventures and its implementation partners.
The implementation partners are chilean non-profit social organizations with local, national and/or regional presence, with great experience, expertise and reputation in the issues addressed by the challenge, which have been previously selected by the Impactus Ventures team.
- Have a minimum seniority and experience of 4 years.
- Have interest and/or experience in the implementation of technological innovation projects within their teams and interventions.
- They have the organizational capacity necessary for the implementation, development and follow-up of a joint project, as well as the necessary networks to reach project beneficiaries.
- They count and are able to demonstrate their organizational strength (e.g. registration in official records, Balances, Reports, etc.)
These organizations will be responsible, together with the selected startups, for ensuring the correct implementation of the solution and the success of the project.
No, the ChildTech Challenge is a global call with local focus and the application is through an online form which you can find in the previous answer. We are looking for the most innovative startups in the world regardless of their location. We only ask that the application be fully completed, as partial applications will not be accepted.
Yes, The ChildTech Challenge is open to all startups that have any success case transferable to any of the areas of the call.
Yes, but make sure that the technology solution you are applying for has a clear and verifiable sales and use case.
Not necessarily, but if the solution will be used by end users, it must be completely translated to Spanish. In addition, you will be implementing your solution in a Spanish-speaking country, so we recommend having someone on your team who speaks fluent spanish.
The call areas are
In addition, solutions that can address any of the following challenges, will be given higher priority for evaluation:
- Challenges in protection
- Protecting and stopping online sexual abuse and harassment
- Prevent grooming
- Protect from online toxicity
- Fight against bullying and cyberbullying
- Protecting against conflict and violence
- Challenges in mental health.
- Expand a Multi-Channel Mental Health Service
- Improve emotional well-being
- Building healthy relationships
- Improve self-esteem
Challenges in Education:
- Develop socio-emotional learning
- Teaching how to manage emotions
- Teaching emotional self-regulation
- Identify your emotions and sensations
- Learn healthy coping strategies
- Achieve comprehensive development
The Challenge will award up to US$30,000 to two winners to implement their solutions in Chile with two organizations. An early childhood expert and another in child protection.
- Prize 1: Protection and mental health for children and adolescents. Up to 30.000 USD
- Prize 2: Education for early childhood. Up to 25.000 usd
In addition, during the implementation period, the winners will have access to:
- Commercial softlanding in the country where the contract is delivered
- Infrastructure to execute the project
- Workshops, lectures, and mentorships
- Connection and access to the entrepreneurial ecosystem of the country in which the contract is being delivered
- Media presence
- Impactus Ventures’s team accompaniment during contract implementation.
The implementation period is 6 months maximum.
Absolutely! Consider that you must have the operational capacity to develop and implement the solution in conjunction with Impactus Ventures and its implementation partners.
As stated in the guidelines, the process consists of two stages: The pre-selection of the startups that meet the application requirements will be made by a panel of experts. After this, the pre-selected startups will receive an invitation to participate in the virtual selection event, where they will have to present, before the Impactus Venture’s steering committee, jury and implementing partner, their solutions and an implementation plan that includes: hypothesis, implementation milestones, expected impact, evaluation metrics and risks. If needed, a proof of concept will be proposed, i.e. a set of tests to demonstrate the feasibility of the implementation plan in a limited universe.
For the pre-selection process, a select panel of experts from the social, innovation and technology ecosystem and Impactus Ventures staff will review all startup applications and prepare a ranking based on the selection criteria.
For the second selection phase, the jury will be made up of the Impactus Ventures steering committee (co-founders and representatives of the organizations allied to the project), representatives of the panel of experts and Executive Directors of the Implementation Partners.
The Impactus Ventures selection team, the panel of experts selected by Impactus Ventures and the Steering Committee. All documents are confidential.
- Qualifications and experience of the founding team (10%)
- Startup (20%)
- Solution description (43%)
- Implementation description (27%)
Unfortunately, the platform doesn’t accept changes after the application deadline, but you can contact us directly
Applications will be open between Thursday July 15 2021 at 00:00 (USA CT) and Wednesday September 15 2021 at 23:59 hours (USA CT) *.
The results of the pre-selection will be published on the Impactus Ventures website. In any case, you will receive an email with the results of your application.
Yes, you can apply up as many times as you want, as long as you meet the requirements. Soon, we will launch the call for the ChildTech Challenge Mexico and Colombia.
Impactus Ventures and its allies recognize that the intellectual property of the solution belongs to the winning startups.
We hope you will help us collaborate in Impactus Ventures’ mission to build bridges for social innovation and generate a positive impact in the lives of millions of children and adolescents.