ChildTech Challenge Mexico and Colombia - CLOSED
We closed this call with applications from 26 countries in Latin America, North America, Europe, Oceania, and Asia.
Our teams are working on reviewing the forms and checking their admissibility, to define who will advance to the second stage of the selection process where our Expert Committee will choose the finalists.
Soon we will be communicating the progress and results, so stay tuned to your email where you will receive the official information.
More information about ChildTech Challenge
We are looking for innovative startups from around the world that offer science-based technology solutions that have a positive impact on children and youth.
Each winning startup will be awarded with a service contract for up to $30,000 usd to implement its technology-based solution in conjunction with social organizations in Mexico and Colombia.
In addition, finalists will receive a softlanding workshop and all participants may be considered for other commercial scaling projects and investment opportunities in Latin America.
Challenge 1: SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL SKILLS
- Developing socioemotional skills (e.g. self-esteem, self-management of emotions, empathy and resilience).
- Teaching emotional self-regulation
- Fostering skills in parents and primary caregivers
- Generating emotionally healthy and protective environments
- Prevention and promotion of mental health and emotional well-being
Challenge 2: INCLUSION AND EDUCATION
- Recovery of literacy, math and other skills.
- Boost in science and technology skills (STEAM)
- Prevention of school dropout and motivation to learn.
- Tools for adaptive learning and informal education
- Reintegration into the educational system
- Acceleration of learning
The solution must have an impact on at least one of the following groups
About United Way in Mexico and Colombia
The United Way Mexico and Colombia offices are part of the United Way Worldwide global network, with more than 130 years of experience, and seeks to connect people and companies so that children receive a better education and do not drop out of school, through initiatives that seek to ensure the educational trajectories of children, from early childhood education to high school.
United Way is the implementing partner that will support the winning startups in the deployment of the solutions.
ChildTech Challenge Impact
Through the ChildTech Challenge we promote the application of exponential technologies that have the capacity to significantly increase the capacity, coverage, reach and impact on people benefited by social organizations, improving quality and/or reducing costs.
Questions and Answers
This is possible thanks to the contribution of our allies